Your SALAV Clothes Steamer is packed with protective inner packaging to help keep it safe and intact on it’s way to you.
For garment steamers packed with styrofoam, the accessories are packed into the nooks and crevices of the styrofoam – so be sure to check all of your packaging before throwing it away.
If you lose or damage any of your accessories, hose, nozzle, most parts are replaceable – just visit our online shop.
There is a small ball weight in the water tank which allows the user to steam horizontally and vertically.
This weight works with gravity to always find water in the tank, no matter which your direction you are holding the steamer.
We do not recommend removing this small dark gray ball weight – it is essential to the full functionality of your DUOPRESS.
The serial number for your steam appliance can be found on the certification label, usually on the bottom or back side. Serial numbers range in length, from 4 to 18 digits.
For the DUOPRESS HS100, serial numbers can be found on the bottom, as shown circled in yellow:
For most upright steamers, serial numbers can be found on the bottom, as shown circled in yellow:
Garment steamer leaks can be caused by a few different reasons, here are some troubleshooting tips:
– Make sure the drain plug for your garment steamer is correctly fastened on the body of your garment steamer and turned to the lock position
– Check your water tank – make sure the water tank cap is fastened correctly and tightly
– Make sure your water tank and body of the steamer do not have any visible cracks – if so, you can purchase a replacement part from our SHOP
– Be sure to clean your water tank regularly – excessive buildup can block water passages causing water to spill out of the body of the steamer instead of flowing smoothly to the boiler. Use a 50% distilled water solution, 50% distilled vinegar solution regularly to prevent buildup of mineral deposits. We also recommend purchasing a water filter, which can be found in our SHOP.
The SALAV GS42-DJ has a convenient power on/off button on the handle of the nozzle. Each new handle has a red plastic strip located under the battery to preserve the life of the batter before first use. Make sure you have removed the red plastic strip for the on/off button to work. If the plastic strip has been previously removed you can replace the batteries by opening the small rectangular tab on the hose with a screw driver. The unit uses two LR44 batteries.
Check the small circular hole on the top of the water tank. If the hole is clogged it will prevent water from feeding into the body and boiler of the steamer. Clogging of the water holes or tank is the result of mineral build up. To prevent build up, we recommend using distilled water. Using distilled water not only prevents build up but also prolongs the life of your steamer.
The SALAV HS-04/T is our QuickSteam ready to use hand held steamer. The off mode allows the HS04 to be ready to use at any time without having to wait for it to heat up again.
The telescopic bars can be released by following the steps below:
– make sure your unit is off
– wait until the water in your unit has cooled, approximately 30 minutes
– remove the water tank
– drain the water from the unit
– turn the unit upside down and press gently on the latch directly below the pole on the bottom of the unit
Steam is a result of water heating in the boiler – if your clothes steamer turns on and does not produce steam, please try the following troubleshooting tips:
- make sure the power knob or switch is in the “ON” position
- make sure the unit turns on and the indicator light is on
- check the cap of the water tank to make sure it is correctly and securely attached to the water tank
- check your water tank to make sure it is securely and correctly fitted in to the body of the garment steamer – incorrect placement of the water tank can block water from feeding in to the body and boiler of the steamer
- once the water tank has been placed in to the body of the garment steamer, make sure water is feeding in to the body of the garment steamer – you will be able to notice water leaving the water tank
- try moving the water tank slightly to start the flow of water from the water tank in to the steamer
The GS06-DJ base connector was built to hold the pole securely to the base of the garment steamer.
If the GS06-DJ pole does not easily glide in to the base, please watch this installation video.
The TS01 Travel Hand Held Garment Steamer has a double lock system to make sure the handle securely stays in place while you steam your clothes.
To attache the nozzle on to the body of the TS01 Travel Hand Held Steamer, line up the arrows found on both the handle and nozzle than twist the nozzle clockwise in to place.
See the photo for an example of how to align the arrows.
SALAV Garment Steamers have a patented drain plug either on the back or bottom of the body of the garment steamer.
Before adding water, make sure your drain plug is securely fastened.
The SALAV STM501 Steam Mop has two unique built in features:
– Buzzing indicator lets you know when your STM501 steam mop is low on water, and/or when your unit is ready to steam
– “Low water” indicator to help prevent your Steam Mop from overheating and running out of water.If the unit beeps/buzzes, this is an indication that your Steam Mop is low on water. Check the water levels, if low, add water, wait for the unit to heat up and you should be back to steaming in seconds. The beeping/buzzing will stop as you begin steaming.
The SALAV GS45-DJ Professional Series Garment Steamer has two settings : High and Low. The high and low settings can be changed from the foot pedal on the body of the garment steamer.
The indicator light on the front of the garment steamer will turn Red to indicate it is in LOW, Orange to indicate it is in HIGH.
SALAV garment steamers, steam mops and steam appliances can hold water for extended periods of time since all of our appliances are constructed of high quality, patented, durable aluminum boilers. We recommend draining the water from your steam appliance every 30 days, in other words – do not let water sit in your steam appliance for more than 30 days.
Here are some additional care & maintenance tip to prolong the life of your steamer:
– use only distilled water
– do not let water sit in your steam appliance for more than 30 days
– every 45-60 days, cleanse your steam appliance with a solution of 50% vinegar + 50% distilled water – this will prevent against build up and clean the boiler
– wipe down your steam appliance with a damp cloth after every use to prevent water spots and build up
The GS45 models feature a retractable power cord. To pull it out, locate the plug on the rear of the unit. Pull gently on the plug to pull out the power cord.
To retract and store away the cord, pull the power cord completely out and further give it one last gentle tug. The cord will automatically be retracted and stored away for your next use.
The TS01 Travel Handheld Garment Steamer can steam bedding (and just about anything), but only when the steamer is held upright – tilting the steamer past a 45 degree angle will cause water leakage. If you would like to steam bedding, we recommend hanging the bedding then steaming your bedding while holding the TS01 upright. Ultimately, when it comes to steaming larger garments/fabrics we recommend using one of our upright dual bar garment steamers which will provide you with stronger steam, a longer steam time and added stability. Our dual bar garment steamers are: GS45-DJ Orange, GS42-DJ Blue or Purple.
You don’t have to adjust the voltage! The TS01 Handheld Travel Steamer automatically detects and adjusts to the required voltage.
No, our garment steamer is not a stain remover device.
No, using hot water or corrosive cleaning agent can cause harm or damage to you and/or your garment.
No, you should not use any additives such as perfume, dyes, salt, lavender, etc. Do so may result in material damage or cause internal build-up in your Salav Garment Steamer. Distilled or filtered water is strongly recommended.
SALAV’s Telescopic Dual Bar stability system adds safety, stability and strength to the steamer, and also makes it easier move and store. To find out more about our product line visit our website at www.Salavusa.com
SALAV Garment Steamer is a gentlest, safest, most effective way to remove wrinkles and refresh your fabrics. Steaming is also faster than ironing and will not scorch or damage fabrics.
SALAV Garment Steamers can handle various task that regular ironing can’t do, such as:
- An iron-like surface on the steam nozzle, preventing the danger of burning your clothes
- Provides a natural way of refreshing your clothes
- Takes out wrinkles quickly and naturally
- SALAV Garment Steamers can also be used on delicate organic fabrics, baby blanket, clothes, upholstered furniture, pillows, drapes, curtains, linens, or plush toys –your standard iron won’t be able to do all that.